KTEs – Knowledge Transfer Experiments
A novel type of experiments allowing smaller projects, or less mature ideas to be presented, tested and thus potentially find the fertile ground to grow and reveal its product potentials. KTEs act as internships / traineeships, apprenticeships and short-term training programmes for unemployed people for vacant digital jobs.
Expected duration: short-term (3 months)
Scheme: Internships projects between two different entities from two different EU Countries: one Academic/Industrial partner who act as Sending Organization and one Academic/Industrial partner who act as Host Organization. Beneficiaries
Budget: up to 8,000€ to cover mobility allowance for implementing the internship.
FTTEs – Focused Technology Transfer Experiments
Within this type of experiments, one party transfers to the receiving partner a specific HW or SW technology in order to enable improved product or processes.
Expected duration: short-term (up to 9 months)
Scheme: Two different entities from two different EU Countries: one Academic and one Industrial or two industrials.
Budget: up to 80,000€ to cover staff, travel and equipment
CTTEs – Cross-domain Technology Transfer Experiments
Complex multidisciplinary transfers and productization of novel CLEC CPS and the IoT technologies to wider markets.
Expected duration: short-term (9 months)
Scheme: Three (3) entities from at least two different EU Countries (at least one SME; the experiment should be led by the SME)
Budget: up to 80,000 € to cover staff, travel and equipment
Cut off Dates
SMART4ALL will organize nine open calls, three per each types of calls, one per year during the first 36 months of the project:
|PAE TYPE||Call 1||Call 2||Call 3|
|Knowledge Transfer Experiments (KTE)||Call Announcement:||Apr 15th, 2020||Mar 2021||Mar 2022|
|Submission Deadline:||Sep 15th, 2020||Jun 15th, 2021||May 2022|
|Focused Technology Transfer Experiments (FTTE)||Call Announcement:||Jul 1st, 2020||Jun 2021||Jun 2022|
|Submission Deadline:||Sep 30th, 2020||Aug 2021||Aug 2022|
|Cross Domain Technology Transfer Experiments (CTTE)||Call Announcement:||Dec 1st, 2020||Sep 2021||Sep 2022|
|Submission Deadline:||Mar 15th, 2021||Nov 2021||Nov 2022|
The proposals submission and selection procedure will be done through the FundingBox Platform, a web-based system which will allow managing the whole Open Call cycle according to EC standards.
During the evaluation process of the 1st KTE call, open call submissions addressing current and future problems stemming from the COVID-19 crisis will be awarded with 1 extra point in their overall evaluation score.
- Smart4all overview and funding opportunity (pdf, vid).
- How can I write a successful KTE proposal (pdf, vid).
- How can I write a successful FTTE/CTTE proposal (pdf, vid).
Current Open Call
Previous Open Calls
1st Open Call
KTE Open Call:
- Introduction to SMART4ALL – ΚΤΕ Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
- Marketplace & Services – ΚΤΕ Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
- Applying for Knowledge Transfer Experiments – KTE Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
FTTE Open Call:
- Introduction to SMART4ALL – FTTE Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
- Marketplace & Services – FTTE Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
- Applying for Focused Technology Experiments – FTTE Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
- EDIoT Smart4All FTTE Funded proposal (1st round) (pdf, vid)
- SMartY-Smart4All FTTE Funded proposal (1st round) (pdf, vid)
CTTE Open Call:
- Introduction to SMART4ALL – CTTE Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
- Marketplace & Services – CTTE Open Call #1 (pdf, vid)
- Applying for Cross domain technology Transfer Experiments – CTTE Open Call #1 (pdf)
- SMART4ALL CTTE Open Calls (pdf, vid)
- QnA on SMART4ALL and 1st CTTE Open Call 24-2-2021 (vid)
1st Open Call
KTEs – Knowledge Transfer Experiments:
- Capacity building for development of innovative system for prediction of Medical Device performance (vid)
- EPATHLON – A robotic system for soil laboratory testing (pdf, vid)
FTTEs – Focused Technology Transfer Experiments:
- EDIoT – Energy Disaggregation on IoT Smart Meters (pdf, vid)
- EmBrace – Social Distancing Bracelet (pdf, vid)
- SMartY – Smart Metering & ARtificial intelligence for SaMMY IoT Platform (pdf, vid)
CTTEs – Cross-domain Technology Transfer Experiments:
- To be announced
|KTE Open Call #2||FTTE Open Call #1||CTTE Open Call #1|
|Guide for Applicants||Guide for Applicants||Guide for Applicants|
|Frequently Asked Questions||Frequently Asked Questions||Frequently Asked Questions|
|Application Forms||Application Forms||Application Forms|
Each experiment will be supported with novel coaching services from world lead experts in ethics, technology, funding and business development.